So I finally gave The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Nude eyeshadow palette a new chance and I think somehow I like it a bit more now. 🙂 I figured out that to be able to do nice blendings with these eyeshadows you need much more product on the makeup brush than I thought. Otherwise the colors turn to fade out a bit. These eyeshadows are pigmented but a bit powdery. I’m used to more compact eyeshadows with more pigmentation so normally I’m careful to not apply too much color at once. But as I said, with these once from this particular palette, I need to insist much more with the eyeshadows from the beginning to be able to get these nice transitions from one color to another. I love beautiful blended eye makeups so it’s important getting to ”know” the eyeshadows you work with. It’s still not my favorite palette but it’s absolutely approved.
To this neutral makeup I added a pair of orange lips. Orange is really one of the hottest colors this season and I must say I really like it!
Another product I decided to give another chance is Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit. I haven’t used it so much since I got it last year. I remember thinking it was a bit to heavy on the face. But also here I decided to rediscover the product. What’s really important here, at least for me, with these creamy shades is to warm them up before applying them onto the face. I always do that with creamy products that goes onto the face but with these once you need a little bit more time. I take a small amount of product and apply it to the top of my hand and with the finger I warm it up in circular moves. When the product is soft enough I start to apply and blend them on the specific part on the face. This is a perfect cream kit to use both professionally and privately.
Now I want to wish you a great Saturday evening!!
- Prime the eyelids with Urban Decay’s eyeshadow primer potion anti-aging. Apply Matt Malloy under the eyebrow and to the inner corner of the eye.
- Blend in Matt Singh over the brow bone.
- Mix Matt Garcia and Matt Rosen and blend into the crease and slightly above.
- Apply Matt Wood to the outer part of the mobile eyelid and blend outwards and up in the crease.
- Apply NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in MILK over the mobile eyelid. Over it apply Matt Lombardi.
- Apply Matt Wood along the lower lashline.
- Blend out Matt Wood with Matt Hung.
- Line the waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eyepencil in Rail.
- Apply Sigma’s Standout Eyes Gel Eyeliner in Liberally Toasted and make a wing.
- Apply Eyeko’s Skinny Brush Mascara and put on Ardell’s Color Impact Demi Wispies in Wine.
- Contour the face using Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit. Apply a light orange blush to the cheeks.
- On the lips apply Kryolan’s lipstick LF403 and over it a bit of Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupté 1 Golden.
- Set the makeup with Urban Decay’s de-slick makeup setting spray. Done!